Free Shipping on Orders $35+
December 29, 2014
A new year means a fresh start, no matter what your situation. We care about our wrestlers' health, which is why we've compiled a list of simple, easy habits they can pick up for the new year. Not only will it make them better throughout the rest of the wrestling season, but it can give them the tools to consistently make smart choices regarding their well-beings as they grow. Read our suggestions below!
1. Drink a glass of water when you wake up and go to sleep. Hydration is top priority, but time passes and before you know it, the day's nearly over and you may not have consumed enough H2O. You should get into the habit of drinking it more than just during or after practices - aka not only when you actually feel super thirsty. Trust us, your body will thank you.
2. Have a fruit or vegetable with every meal or snack. It can be overwhelming to try to cram multiple nutrients in our bodies every day, so simplify it. Don't worry about having a perfect plate each time you eat, but instead try to throw in a banana during breakfast or some sweet potatoes for dinner. Consistency triumphs every time, and this habit will genuinely make eating healthy less stressful.
3. Spend more time outside. Find opportunities to get outside different variations of the same four walls. Being stuck inside at school and home can take a toll on your sanity. Go for a walk and listen to a podcast. Breathe fresh air slowly and look at everything around you. Volunteer to shovel the driveway when it snows. This will not only give you some more time for yourself, but it will calm you down overall.
4. Train yourself to get a better night's sleep. Maybe you try to go to bed every night at a certain time, but fail to for various reasons. If you want to be asleep at 10:30 but never do, go to sleep 15 minutes earlier than normal. After a week, add another 15 minutes to that time (i.e. normally go to bed at 11:30, try 11:15 for a week, then 11:00 the following week, doing this until you reach 10:30). Baby steps might just help you settle into slumber more easily.
5. Be honest. By this, we mean in a way to make the world a better place and yourself happy. If you like someone's shirt, tell them - it will probably make their day. If your friend wants you to do something you genuinely don't want to, just tell them you'd rather not. It's totally okay to know who you are and to not feel bad about what makes you uncomfortable. As long as you're honest and trust your instincts, that's what matters. 2015 should be about doing what's best for YOU while spreading positivity to others as well.
Let us know: What healthy habits do YOU practice?
May 13, 2018
Herofuel would like to wish all the moms out there a special mothers day. Moms truly are the secret weapon of every young athlete!
March 15, 2018
HEROFUEL Athlete Profile: Noah Davis. Noah is a hard working young football player with big dreams. With a strong worth ethic and a good head on his shoulders, we're sure he'll go far. We are proud to fuel Noah!
January 02, 2018
Meet this uber-talented young athlete from Lancaster, CA! Kadence is a tri-sport athlete who is focused on her craft in all three sports with professional aspirations to play in the WNBA. Click here to read more about Kadence Cole!